About Me

My photo
Just a little place for me to put down my thoughts and ideas as I work through some major changes in my life.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Saturday Smiles (on Sunday)

I had such a fantastic Saturday! It was a busy one too - hence the Saturday Smiles post a day late! :)


:) My day started with a trip to the ATL to meet up with my precious niece Rivers. >>> for those who do t know the backstory, Rivs was born when I was 12 years old. My mom kept her most of the time while my sister and brother in law worked. When I graduated from high school I moved in with my sister, BIL and Rivers and lived with them for almost four years. She's my heart and as she's grown, it's evident that we are kindred spirits in many ways>>>> 

Rivers is working away from home all summer at Shocco Springs in Alabama. We both took a 2 hr and some odd minute trip and met up at Ikea. 

(Ikea can be a bit over stimulating - especially to two girls from small town Alabama!)

:) even though Rivers and I were hundreds of miles away from the rest of our family, we still got to sing happy birthday to our great niece/cousin 

:) We ate lunch at The Varsity - Our first time! yummy.fatty.goodness! 
(www.thevarsity.com)


We were pretty happy with our food! 

:) This amazing place
(www.parisonponce.com) 

:) I found this sweet girl to start my vintage photo/sign collage in my bathroom. 
  
   I love her! And she is perfect for my bathroom and I have a whole blog post planned on what those four words "just as you are" mean to me.

:) I did this after I got home from my trip:
 
It was a short run with a lot of walking (the onion rings from The Varsity may have held me back some!) but it was on a trail and it was muddy and I loved it! 

So so many things to smile about yesterday! Hope all of you had the same! 


Until next time - which I promise will not be a whole month from now!!

Christy













1 comment:

  1. Just got your voicemail! You look FABULOUS! Seriously! I'm glad y'all got some special time together. I remember meeting Rivers when she was 14. We went to Steak and Shake! I'll call you soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete